si3po

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Another day and another Excel question from me....again. I'm in over my head, i think, but you can decide that and answer as you see fit!

I have a workbook (known henceforth as "Supply F6") that contains the details of orders/demands for items, each row in my WB is a new demand/order. Another section of my organisation has a correlating Workbook (henceforth known as "SWS Tasks") that contains the same details as I require (plus far more) with each demand/order input in the same format; i.e. each order is placed as a new row. At this point, you may be thinking "why not use the one register?" Well, we thought about that, but due to the nature of the 'SWS Tasks' register and the excess of information and rows not needed in 'Supply F6' (and vice versa), coupled with the number of users all requiring access at the same time, it was decided to have a separate 'Supply F6' workbook.

The requirement, and what i'm trying to compile, is a means to (on opening 'Supply F6') automatically check for and copy all new rows on the 'SWS Tasks' workbook into the 'Supply F6' workbook. The copy process must also meet the condition where Column B on 'SWS Tasks' contains an specific type, if the condition is met and the row doesn't already exist in 'Supply F6', then that row is copied to 'Supply F6' as a new row in the worksheet.

To give some background and maybe shine a light on the need for this, currently the process is paper based and inevitably some order requests have been lost in transit between the areas with the need to add them to our individual spreadsheets - meaning 'SWS Tasks' could have a line that the 'Supply F6' does not; and because we've not seen the order we're unable to place the order for materials required to satisfy it. Conversely, both sides could have the same line attributed to different orders through a duplication or error in entry at either end.

My thought process is that in not duplicating entry at each end and using formula/VBA to populate the new rows into 'Supply F6' spreadsheet by pulling the existing data from 'SWS Tasks', we will know that a new 'order' has been placed and to expect a document in transit. I should say that the document must currently be received in my office for signature and authorisation by the purchasing manager before we can place the order for materials. Once authorised, it is signed off and returned to SWS whe then await delivery of the raw materials and produce the item requested. Even better, would be having this form transmitted electronically on entering the new row - we're collaborating on an electronic version of the form, and that's another topic entirely as it is a long way off yet; but for now the above situation is where we're at and i'd be really interested to hear of any suggestions you clever folks might have to put forwards.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back