Automatically Copy rows to different sheets

Rurkz

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey my first time on here and I'm kinda new to excel so go easy on me lol

I'm basically trying to figure how to copy a row from sheet1 to the next available row in sheet2 and sheet3 if 2 criterias are met.

Ok so for sheet1 to sheet 2

I have a column name for "date paid" in row "F3" to "F33"

And

A column name for "date collected" in row "H3" to "H33"

So when "date paid" cell is "empty" and the "date collected" cell is "filled", I want that row to be automatically copied to the next available rows in spread sheet 2.

2nd part

Pretty much want to do the same from spread sheet 1 to spread 3

But use column "overweight fee" in row "L3" to "L33"

When these cells are filled in, I want it to be automatically copied to the next available rows to sheet 3.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your Sheet1 and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter data in column H or column L and press the RETURN key or TAB key.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("H:H,L:L")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Select Case Target.Column
        Case Is = 8
            If Target.Offset(, -2) = "" Then
                Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Sheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            End If
        Case Is = 12
            If Target.Offset(, -6) = "" Then
                Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet3").Cells(Sheets("Sheet3").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            End If
    End Select
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for getting back to me

I'm getting a compile error

And this is highlighted in yellow

"Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)"

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your Sheet1 and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter data in column H or column L and press the RETURN key or TAB key.
VBA Code:
        Case Is = 8
                Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Sheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            End If
        Case Is = 12
                Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet3").Cells(Sheets("Sheet3").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            End If
    End Select
End Sub
Hey thanks for getting back to me

I'm getting a compile error

And this is highlighted in yellow

"Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)"

Upvote 0
When I tested the macro on a dummy file, it worked properly. A compile error can be caused by many things. What was the full error message? Can you possibly upload a copy of your file (de-sensitized if necessary) to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here.

Upvote 0
When I tested the macro on a dummy file, it worked properly. A compile error can be caused by many things. What was the full error message? Can you possibly upload a copy of your file (de-sensitized if necessary) to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here.
here you go!

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    Dim lRow As Long
        Case Is = 8
            With Sheets("Outstanding Bins")
                lRow = .Columns(1).Find("*", After:=Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1
                    Target.EntireRow.Copy .Range("A" & lRow)
                End If
            End With
        Case Is = 12
            With Sheets("Overweight Bins")
                lRow = .Columns(1).Find("*", After:=Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1
                End If
            End With
    End Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("H:H,L:L")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim lRow As Long Select Case Target.Column Case Is = 8 With Sheets("Outstanding Bins") lRow = .Columns(1).Find("*", After:=Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1 If Target.Offset(, -2) = "" Then Target.EntireRow.Copy .Range("A" & lRow) End If End With Case Is = 12 With Sheets("Overweight Bins") lRow = .Columns(1).Find("*", After:=Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1 If Target.Offset(, -6) = "" Then Target.EntireRow.Copy .Range("A" & lRow) End If End With End Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
hey it worked!!! appreciate it man, i may bug you again with some other ideas i want to try!!!!

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    Dim lRow As Long
        Case Is = 8
            With Sheets("Outstanding Bins")
                End If
            End With
        Case Is = 12
            With Sheets("Overweight Bins")
                End If
            End With
    End Select
End Sub
i have another question, i have an expense sheet that some how replaces the letters of the columns to the names only when you scroll down pass them, iv been searching everyhere and all i found was the option to switch them to numbers

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean. Does your question refer to the workbook you uploaded? If so, explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data. Also, to avoid clutter, please click the "Reply" button not the "+Quote" button when responding.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back