Automatically counting the number of times a value falls within a set time period

Power55

Hi All,
I have the following data:

ObjectiveRec #Original Due Date (per report)Proposed Revised Completion Date:Revised due date # months since original due date# months since Original due date
Objective 1R130 September 201831/12/20183 ?
Objective 1R231 December 201831/12/20180 ?
Objective 2R11 March 201831/12/201810 ?
Objective 3R131 March 201831/03/201912
?
Objective 3R231 March 201831/03/201912 ?
Objective 4R131 March 201831/03/201912 ?
<colgroup><col width="100" style="width: 75pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3555;"> <col width="66" style="width: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2360;"> <col width="183" style="width: 137pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6513;"> <col width="144" style="width: 108pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5120;"> <col width="109" style="width: 82pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3868;"> <col width="99" style="width: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3527;"> <tbody> </tbody>

I have a bunch of 'objectives', each objective may have one or multiple 'R' values as you will see in the table above. Each of these R values have an original date and a revised completion date. I would like to:

COUNT the number of times that the revised due date falls within 0 - 6 months, 6 - 12 months, and 12+ months for EACH objective. As per the table below. For clarification. I am already able to see the number of months between the revised and original date. I would like to count the number of times each of the r values for each objective falls within the categories in the table below. This would mean that the table I have would look as per below based on the above data:

Objective# of occurrences of the # of months between original due date and revised due dateDue date not revised
0 to 66 to 1212+
Objective #12000
Objective #20100
Objective #30020
Objective #40001
<colgroup><col width="144" style="width: 108pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5120;"> <col width="109" style="width: 82pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3868;"> <col width="99" style="width: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3527;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <tbody> </tbody>

I am looking for a way to do this manually, plus, where the due date is not revised, the 'due date not revised column above' is also being updated. I have a big data set and would like a way to automate this.

Secondly, I am looking for a way to calculate the number of months since the original due date in the original table (see those question marks within the first table)

Then from there I would like a way to again, COUNT the number of occurrences within the three month categories and then have that automatically update the table below:

Objective# of occurrences of the # of months past due date from original due date
Original due date not yet due
0 to 66 to 1212+
Objective #1
Objective #2
Objective #3
Objective #4
<colgroup><col width="106" style="width: 80pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3783;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <col width="121" style="width: 91pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4295;"> <col width="115" style="width: 86pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4096;"> <tbody> </tbody>

So essentially there are two automated formulas I would like to achieve to be able to update the two smaller tables, and there is one automated formula I would to achieve to be able to update the question marks within the original table.
Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Few minor updates.

The revised date of Objective 4 in the first table should be N/A - Not yet revised. Which is why the second table shows '1' in the 'date not yet revised'.
Also I am looking for a way to do everything AUTOMATICALLY not manually (not sure why I typed that).

"Secondly, I am looking for a way to calculate the number of months since the original due date in the original table to todays current date (see those question marks within the first table)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back