Automatically enable l macros

krissz

Board Regular
I have an Excel2003 workbook which collects & summarises data from nearly 100 individual CSV files. For ease of use, macros are used to help navigation.

The CSV files are updated every night. I want to also update the workbook automatically every night. Is there a way in VBA to 'Enable' macros so that the workbook updates automatically ?

All operations in relation to updateing are run on my personal PC

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If you could use Macros to Enable VBA, that would be a huge security concern, as people could write malicious viruses and force your computer to run them! Thanks goodness that is not possible!

If the issue you are having is you are trying to bypass the security warning prompts, there are a number of things you can do:
1. Lower your security level to allow all macros/VBA (not recommended for security reasons)
2. Digitially sign your macro, then set that computer to accept all macros from that user
3. Add a Trusted Location to that computer, so it will automatically enable all macros from files in a certain specified location on your network/hard-drive

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice. 2 & 3 plus other info on security have helped me to resolve this

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back