Automatically Fill Employee Distribution Production Lines with Data

MalNealon

Hello All,

Just starting out in Excel and am working on a real-world case.

I work for a company with several production lines. Each line has a team leader, at least one controller, one maintenance officer, and several production line workers. These workers are classed as A, B, and C level, based on experience.

I have a list of current employees and would like to automatically generate the member lists for the production lines. I would like to generate a list of employee names for each production line as sensibly as possible, so in effect distributing the employees across the production lines such that proportionally the results are similar (i.e. at least one team leader, at least one controller, at least one maintenance officer, a few A-level workers, a few B-level workers, and a few C-level workers.

There are other things to take into account, certain workers only work on one line, unless that line is not in use, then they must be placed on the slowest line, the C-level workers begin on slow lines and move up to B-level after several weeks employment, different shifts, personnel unavailable (holiday, sick leave etc.), if there are more maintenance officers than production lines then they should be viewed as C-level employees, that sort of thing.

There are also employees who need to be listed, but who are not allocated a line (think section head and employee trainer for example).

The list of employees fluctuates daily (temporary employed personnel), as does the number of personnel required per line.

All in all a complicated example for my first foray into Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back