Automatically fill in corresponding data?

Kentetsu

I have a spreadsheet that is used for tracking product yields. Every week we enter information for each batch including weight, cook yield, chill yield, time, etc. Some of the data that is entered will always be the same for each product, such as target yield for cook and chill plus a couple of other items. I'm dealing with about 50 different products, and I would like the "unchanging" data corresponding to the part number entered to be automatically entered into the appropriate cells. As in, when I enter part #99999 the cells for the target yields are automatically filled in with the target yields for part #99999. Is this possible? It gets old having to copy/past this info every week, and I would like to automate the task if I can. Thanks for your thoughts on this...

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Try creating a separate table of the details you wish to be added. Then utilise the VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP functions in the cells on the list you prepare each week to automate the entry of those details.

The Excel Help file has a good explanation about how to use the LOOKUP functions. Come back if you can't understand them....

Andywiz

Upvote 0
Got it working. Great tip man, kind of tough to get the hang of for this application but well worth the effort. Glad to have learned something new. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back