Automatically grab formulas from previous row when adding new data

excelerino

Hi all,

I am working with multiple sheets in one workbook. The mainsheet (with about 50 columns) is used for data entry, the other sheets consist of a replication of the first 10 columns followed by formulas for calculation based on relevant info grabbed from the remaining columns in that mainsheet. When a new entry is added in the mainsheet, this is reflected in the other sheets and the calculations are then done without further input. I´ve done this by basically just dragging down the formula in the non-mainsheets a bunch, which means a lot of 0s pop up as there are calculations being done on non-existent data. I was wondering if there is a nicer way to do this.

Basically what I´d like to know is if there is a way to create a macro that says if data is added to the mainfile, then grab the formulas in place in the non-main file from the last row and drag them down 1, i.e. if I have 380 entries in the mainfile and add row 381, in the non-main file grab the formula from row 380 and increment by 1 to automatically reflect both the new input from the mainfile and do the calculations. Secondly, how best to make this a dynamic range? I already have a macro in place that will automatically update my pivottables/charts if there are changes on existing data, but it does not take into account new entries.

Thanks for any and all help on both of these topics!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hello Excelerino,

Maybe putting your main data in a table would do the trick?
I'm afraid I do not have the VBA knowledge to help you any further :).

Goodluck with the issue anyways!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back