Automatically Insert Last Modified Date

amatthews

I need to have the last date entered in excel automatically show up in another cell. Let me explain... I have an "Original Expected Ship Date" in cell A1 and then I have revised dates in cells B1, C1, and D1. I need those dates as a history to this order. I want my date in A1 to automatically change and show the last modified date in any of these three cells (B1, C1, D1). How do I do this?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
My understanding is that you have dates in cells B1,C1,&D1 and want A1 to contain the latest date of these three?

Just put =MAX(B1:D1) in cell A1.

Upvote 0
Doug, thank you so much for your response! That worked and I appreciate your help on this. I spent hours on this trying to figure it out. It's nice to see people helping others out. This board is great and thanks for you time!

Upvote 0
Follow Up Question

Doug, what about if I don't have any dates entered into cells B through D? In cell A1 there appears 0 January, 1900. Is there a way to have this not show up?

My understanding is that you have dates in cells B1,C1,&D1 and want A1 to contain the latest date of these three?

Just put =MAX(B1:D1) in cell A1.

Upvote 0
Exactly! Thanks Doug. You helped a guy out here in China with some critical spreadsheets we are trying to figure out for our business. You have been a great help on this. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I hope I am not pushing my luck here with you Doug but there is something else I am trying to do with the same spreadsheet. Basically I have a cell that has a balance in it and we will call that cell B1 to make it easy for me. In Cell A1 I have a date. I want to know if my balance reaches 0 can I have the date in cell A1 crossed out with a line through the middle of it automatically?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back