Automatically paste-link row in one sheet to a new row in another sheet with proper increments

poptart141

Hello everyone. I posted this question on another Excel forum last week and no one has responded. :( So here goes nothing...

Here at work as a Project Manager, I have been working on redesigning a spreadsheet that tracks the corporation's current projects individually, and displays each project's most important information into one Summary Sheet. So, the workbook has one Summary sheet, the template for each of the Project Sheets, and then the Project Sheets themselves. I want the Summary Sheet to display the information from Row 3 of each Project Sheet (specifically cells A3:K3) and display that information in a new row for each Project Sheet (so, cells Ax:Kx, with x being the proper row number in the Summary Sheet) automatically with the creation of a new sheet.

The way I've been doing it until now has worked, but my boss wants it to be more automated. I had recorded a macro for Ctrl+Shift+C that would copy A3:K3 of the current Project Sheet you were on, then you would navigate to the Summary Sheet and select the row you wanted that information to go into. Then, I had another macro recorded for Ctrl+Shift+P that would automatically do a paste-link for the correct cells in that row.

I'd like it to be automated so that anytime you insert a new Project Sheet, the workbook automatically links the next row in the Summary Sheet to Row 3 in that new Project Sheet. So, if you have only one project linked that displays in row 3 of the Summary Sheet, when you insert a new Project Sheet, the Summary Sheet will automatically link row 3 from the Project Sheet into the next open row (in this case, row 4). I can't figure out how to make this increment properly with each new inserted sheet. I've tried researching but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back