Automatically populating/removing rows in a table based on the values of another table

ExcelNoob75

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm very new to this forum, just created an account because I've been googling for hours and I can't find a solution to my problem. Hope someone here will be able to help me.

I have a 1st table, called "IDStatusSettings" in Sheet 1:

IDStatusSettings.PNG

This table is displaying datas from other sheets in my document. As you can see there's lot of rows with a 0 as an ID. The value of these cells will become an ID if modifications are made in some other sheets (I'm not being too specific because it's not directly linked to my questions, it is just for you to understand why I'm doing this). My issue is that this table is meant to be manipulated by its user (filtered, sorted) but because of the way its built, the smallest modification you make to it absolutely destroys the table, and every data becomes completely wrong. Plus with all the rows with a 0 as an ID, it can't be sorted efficiently. I've shorten the list for the screenshot but imagine it having hundreds of rows.

So my aim here is basically to get this IDStatusSettings table to automatically populate the rows of an IDStatusDisplay in Sheet 2, in order to have another version of my initial table, but a version without the 0 rows to be cleaner, and that can be sorted without breaking the datas.

The things that makes it hard for me is the automating part. I would need the IDStatusDisplay to automatically add a row when a 0 turns into an ID in the first table (with the correct ID and the value of the cells in the other columns of the row), and to automatically remove it if an ID turns to a 0.

I tried to make a visual representation of I'm trying to achieve, hope it helps.

IDtableaux.PNG

What I would like to see happening when modifications are made in the first table:

IDmodifs.PNG

Is it possible to do such a thing using VBA?

Please feel free to let me know if my post is not complete enough for you to help, or if I'm not respecting any of the rules of the forum. I'm not getting into details about the datas in IDStatusSetting because I think it would only make my question even foggier, but I can.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Sorry for that but the last image is wrong, please use this one instead:

(can't find a way to modify my original post, can someone please tell me?)

IDmodifs.PNG

Upvote 0
Help please? If it is not possible can someone please tell me so I can stop bothering myself for nothing? :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back