Automatically preset View & Enable Macros for other users

cgrulk

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,
Two Questions here:

Question 1: I made a program to test data in excel for work that I want to have set up with certain view settings (hide formula bar, gridlines, etc.). The purpose of this workbook is to be shared with a group of people and the workbook looks fine when I look at it on my computer, but when I open the document on another user's computer they go to the default Excel settings. Is there a way to easily set the default view settings for a workbook for other users when the open the workbook? I imagine there is maybe a way i could program a macro, but that leads to my next question.

Question 2: Also, when I open the workbook on another user's computer a message comes up that macros have been disabled and need to be enabled. All they have to do is press "Enable" and they work fine, but I would like them to just automatically be enabled to avoid someone not enabling them. Is there a way to automatically enable the macros for a workbook that is shared with other people or will I just have to make sure other users click "Enable" when they first open the document?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You can't auto enable a workbook, they need to do this. It's a safety feature as Macros can contain harmful code.

Adding this code to the 'This Workbook' module, will run the code once enabled'

VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

'your code here

End Sub

Maybe try recording a macro with all your updates to the standard book and insert it into the 'your code here' section.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back