Automatically send Excel sheet via email

Jackblack1

Hi All

I have two Excel files that I send out exactly 6:00pm everynight via e-mail to a recipient (abacus & fabacus). Is it possible to set up a macro so that the reports will automatically e-mail themself at 6:00. I have the report saved on the drive in the same folder. Can someone explain how this can be done, or send me and example.

Thanks

Jim

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
AFAIK then no, although i got the code sorted to create the email, add recipients, etc and then attempt to send it.

However as soon as Outlook detects that another program is attempting to email something it gets a bit twitchy and you get a security alert that needs manual intervention to allow it to send the message.

If someone here does know how to get round that then i have the "create an email code" somewhere and could try and dig it out.

Upvote 0
Thanks Will for the reply.

If you post the code that you have I maybe able to come up with a way to bypass the security popup or I may be able to get someone to find the proper way around it.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Jack, no problem, not that it was much help! ;)

But i grabbed the code from someone else on Mr Excel, http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=198722&highlight=email+vba

I did adapt it slightly to allow you to pick up recipients, subject line, body of text, etc from input boxes and ranges within the spreadsheet, unfortunately IT in their infinite wisdom replaced my PC without warning and failed to back up anything on my hard drive, so i lost a load of macros i was storing in my personal workbook, which IT force you to save on the hard drive. :oops:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back