Automatically size a group of cells

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need an 8x10, landscape, size page filled with 36 square cells; a row of 6, a column of 6. How can I do that automatically?

Also, how do I keep the banner drop down menus visible; they keep going away each time I click an option

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
For the banner - I assume you are referring to the ribbon, with Home / Insert / Page Layout etc options - you can either double-click it on of the menus, or right-click and uncheck the "Collapse the Ribbon" option.

As far as the 6x6 sheet, perhaps the easiest thing to do is to create the layout you want manually, then save that as a template file (.xltx). When you select this format, Excel defaults to a central Templates location on your PC. You can then simply create any new 6x6 file from that template.

Just out of curiosity, since your requirement is 8x10 sheet, do you plan to have margin space to make the blocks truly square? You would need an extra inch of margin on either side.

Upvote 0
I changed my measurement options to cm, then I highlighted 36 cells inside the border, entered the exact dimensions, taken from the drawing I made last night and entered them into the cell's Row and column field and this is what I got.

It would appear that the values entered into the cell's Row and Columns aren't cm.

I want 36 cells, 4.2x3cm each; exactly how can I get that to happen in my spreadsheet?

XL%20cells_zpsfkoqmnne.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back