Automatically storing input

baaz

Hi'

I have three questions...please help and guide me.

1) Make a sheet (let us call it A) like in a survey - where people fill in different text boxes and thus provide different information. I took a look at VB, but am novice and need a lot of guidance and help. Ideally every submission would have its own file.

2) The sheets (A's) made above need to be collected and stored, like in database. I need to do it so simple thus people dont need to anything else then submitting the sheet "A".

3) I need to be able to search throught the collection of the sheets and make it visible. So if we call the "search sheet" for B. I need this B to be able to search among the sheets, but with possiblity of varying the parametres. E.g. searching on the duration, budget, free text key words, application, etc. When the search is complete, one should be able to choose one of the A-sheet and open it by pressing a button. Maybe filters can be used effectively - if it is easier?

I would like to point out - that I would like if possible this in one file and have two files, like one for submitting A and one for search, B.

Simply the process would be

i) A is filled and submitted by a user
ii) The submitted sheets will be collected in one place.
iii) B allows search among A-sheets.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
It is my opinion that you need exper help, similar to that offered at the bottom of this screen page.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back