Automating API calls from information in a cell

Wadeknight

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am an absolute beginner to excel so I don't know if I have the language to phrase this question right. I learned how to make an API call and make a table using Get & Transform. The problem that I am facing is the data I need to extract is contained in three separate categories. We'll call them name?, table1? and table2?

I was able to make a sheet from the first category, name? From Which I got a name (in column A) and an ID number (Column B). The ID number is what is needed to make an API query in the other two categories. (Ex. api/table1?idNumber=) Is there a way that I can automate making API calls using the ID number in column B, extract information and put it in column C?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I believe what you are trying to accomplish would require VBA code, but you can definitely iterate through it grabbing the ID number each time to update your API query, read the response and get the information for column c.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back