Automating gathering data from other workbooks

tumbler

I am trying to gather data from a number of other excel files, I want to piece the file reference name together from other pieces of information - in a CONCATENATE way if you like, getting the network address from here - file name from there etc..
However, when I do this, I then need to copy and paste special value, from the CONCATENATE formula, then enter the cell and press return again before it actually becomes automatic - any help please ?!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
sorry i dont understand exactly what you want to do here do you want to beable to change where you are pulling your info from or will it allways be the same?

Upvote 0
I want to change where the data is coming from because the main "index" workbook will be interrogating about 100-150 separate project workbooks - so I am very keen to automate this task, once the link is established it shouls rarely - if ever change, so I suppose I could set up a macro to copy, past special, value, then re-enter cell and enter again (the only way I seem able to get the system working to the moment)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back