Automating hyperlinking file list

Brook70458

Hello All - Firstly, I need to apologize for the background noise. I am sitting in a tavern editing a lengthy list from a recovered hard drive. It wasn't until I played the video back that I realized how noisy my environment is. BTW - This same environment is protecting me from chronic tedium :eek:

Earlier I had asked for help with creating a list of contents in a directory. You great souls gave me: Directory_Listing_shell-base.xlsm. It helped me understand vba language an function, immensely.

Now, I am ready to open each and every file to see what it is (all 6,847 of them. There is another 12K that I need to do next) to see what they are, and describe them on the spreadsheet. I need to connect each line item on this list via a hyperlink.

Just for a side note: eventually I will import this list into 1st, a MS Access, a a later "filtered" version to a MySQL table to be used online.

Here is what I am currently doing by hand and need help automating (again - I apologize for the excessive background noise)

https://web.tresorit.com/l#GFOkSjsTjxJ_J0NknrED3w

Password is MrExcell19

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back