automating my errors

thuy4657

does anyone know how to automate clicking continue on a error for a missing link? I get a error dialog box but as soon as i click continue the error the value goes away. i was wondering is there away to catch this error in vba and just make it carry through?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
That depends on the error.

Some versions of excel, including mine, have an occasional error

"The code execution has been interrupted" which in my research cannot be trapped as it is not an actual error in the code and you must keep hitting continue. Usually a desktop reboot solves the problem per MS web info and that works for me.

Other forms of errors if recurring but not detrimental to the operations involved can be avoided by placing :

On Error Resume Next

above the within the subroutine. This is dangerous though as you may not be appraised of critical errors that may result in poor results.

Upvote 0
hey
its a workbook contains one or more links which cannot be updated error.

is there away to automate it on open / preset errors to be handelled? something like appExcel.AskToUpdateLinks = False ??????

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip but i still can't seem to get it to work
this is what i have as the code
Set wkbChart = appExcel.Workbooks.Open(ActiveTemplate.Path & "\MorningCableChart.xls", UpdateLinks:=3)

is that correct? excel still opens with the error.

Upvote 0
You mean you have linked formulas that are, for all purposes "dead", as in they no longer exist or something?

It would be a good idea to remove those from the file. In most cases I have seen of this, it is a named range that refers to an external file that is no longer a valid reference, but no one deleted or changed the name. It also happens if you copy a file with a named range in it, but not all the sheets from that file...

Upvote 0
Sorry, I posted incorrectly. It should be this to ignore links:

Code:
Workbooks.Open Filename:="filename.xls", UpdateLinks:=0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back