Automating Text to be formated a certain way.

L

Legacy 338295

Hello. I have a question...if i want to create a custom format where text is center aligned, middle aligned, and applying text wrap when info is created into the cell how do i do that? i'm trying to automate it to do this. Also, how can I automate when info gets inserted into a cell the information gets sent to the top of the column? I know how to do this manually, I just need to learn a formula that can automate it. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
You could record a macro that selects the entire worksheet and formats the text and alignment and wrapping - and then assign it to a command button in the top corner of the worksheet, which would speed things up a bit.

You can also record a macro to move the data, if it always goes from the same cell on insertion to the top of the same column - and then assign this macro to another button.

alternatively you could put it all in one macro and one button

Upvote 0
You could record a macro that selects the entire worksheet and formats the text and alignment and wrapping - and then assign it to a command button in the top corner of the worksheet, which would speed things up a bit.

You can also record a macro to move the data, if it always goes from the same cell on insertion to the top of the same column - and then assign this macro to another button.

alternatively you could put it all in one macro and one button

Is there any other way without using macro? Is there a formula or a function I can use?

Upvote 0
I don't believe so, conditional formatting may possibly go some way to help but I don't think you can change the actual font

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back