Automating the Weeks Selected in Multiple Pivot Tables

Indy1977TX

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a weekly report and there is a specific manual processes that feels like could be automated. Since managers see this file, I would prefer no macros in the solution to avoid the managers from getting marco warnings when opening the file. No macros is a preference, not a stipulation.

Today is a Monday (3/27/23) so it is time for me to paste reports into to my Excel based dataset then open another Excel file that pulls that data into PivotTables which get cleaned up and combined on other tabs for management review.

My pivot tables select from a range of the last 9 Mondays (including today) so today those Mondays are 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, & 3/27.
Before I start the next part, I apologize for not renaming my PivotTables :oops: no one looks behind the curtain, so it has never been pressing.
PivotTable12 & PivotTable11 use the oldest 8 weeks in the above list (1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, & 3/20).
PivotTable15, PivotTable17, PivotTable18, PivotTable1, & PivotTable1 (different tab) use the most recent 8 weeks in the above list (2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, & 3/27).
PivotTable4, PivotTable6, & PivotTable11 (another duplicate name in same file on different tab) use the current Monday date only (3/27).

Currently I click into the data range on each PT selecting the newest week of data and unselecting the oldest week that is rolling off. It would be nice to update the date range in one place instead of 11 places (one cell and 10 PTs).

Since this is my first post here, for reference, I would place myself as a medium Excel user. Been using it close to 30 years. Took multiple classes in that first decade. Then, I had a job for about a year mostly focused in Excel development, but that was 19 years ago :unsure: so even though I use Excel regularly, I am rusty on my advanced skills like programming. Just learned on Friday that I could refresh all 10 of these PTs at once 🤯 LOL

Using Excel 365, by company mandate, which is my least favorite version of Excel ever. I just updated my report in the management review file and it failed to upload/save. So, closing it all down to redo all this PT updating again.

All the best,
Jordan

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I'd suggest making those initial import targets tables, and make sure your pivot tables are using the tables for their calcuations.
Then use slicers to choose your week ranges (but, I think if you have the same data source definition for ALL pivots you may need to change some - first 8 weeks, vs last 8 weeks, etc.).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back