Automating VLookups

Nuccio92

I have about 300 sheets in one workbook. The first sheet is named "Cumulative Data" and for each row I would like to pull specific data from one worksheet. The second sheet is named "soldList" and in Column J has a list of all the names for the other 200 worksheets. Each one of the worksheets has different data in it and each data is not in the same location from one worksheet to the next. For example, the buyer's name in worksheet 1 could be in row 30 and in worksheet 2 it is in 15. Is there way to make a macro to do a vlookup for the same information on each sheet and put in the cumulative data in the same column. For example, if I want to get all the Buyer's name from all the worksheets and put it in column B in "Cumulative Data" worksheet.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi Nuccio92,

For example, if I want to get all the Buyer's name from all the worksheets and put it in column B in "Cumulative Data" worksheet.

You must mean you want some data from each sheet that is associated with the Buyer's name on each sheet, is that correct?

Which is to say, if you only want all the Buyer's names in column B in "Cumulative Data" worksheet, then just copy from them from sheet "soldList" Column J.

If from each sheet and with some data associated with that name, then can you give an example of what the data would look like that will be coming from each sheet?

Buyer's name and the four cells to the right of buyer's name, as an example.

Would you need the cell address and sheet name along with the data?

Howard

Upvote 0
Correct, so somewhere in column A it says Buyer's Name: and then in column B it has the name. No I would not need the cell address and sheet name along with the data either. I would just need the Buyer's Name.

Upvote 0
so somewhere in column A it says Buyer's Name:

Column A of what sheet?

and then in column B it has the name

Column B of what sheet?

No I would not need the cell address and sheet name along with the data either.

Where and what is the data?

How about picking a name, then go to sheet 25 and copy the data from that sheet which is associated with that name, and post it here.

An actual name and the actual data you want found.

You are not giving me much to work with

Howard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back