Automation Error

yankee428

I have a user with 2 PC's, same profile. On one he can open a file with no errors. On the other, the auto_open kicks off an Automation Error and the file does not work properly. On the first PC I can compile the code no problem, but on the second he gets this Automation Error. We've created new build's and standard matching profiles and we still get this error. There is nothing that we can find special about the one PC that works.

If I comment out the code that kicks off the error, the error still comes up, just without marking a spot in the project.

I know we can just ghost the working PC, but I would like to have a better solution than that.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi,

On the PC where the code fails open the VBE and look at the references for the workbook in question (Tools/References).

Are any marked as MISSING? If so, which ones?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you give a more specific description of the error message received?

What is included within the workbook? Are there userforms? What sort of controls have been added to the userforms? What version of Excel?

The more info that you can provide the higher the chances of somebody being able to help. ;)

Upvote 0
It's XP on XP and there was no problem before the migration. They used to be on 97 on NT. All the error said was Automation Error. There is no call that I can see to building an object for another application (word, access, etc).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back