AutoPopulate Records Based on Dates

CorrieAnn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a budget forecast workbook where I track my upcoming recurring bills along with all my transactions - be it cash, ATM, check, etc. This also includes any deposits. It is basically an electronic check register with a budget forecast function. There are three ways I gather/enter data:

1) Manually type a transaction into the spreadsheet
2) Download a CSV copy of my bank statement from their website into a separate sheet tab and then copy/paste line items into their respective paydate blocks based on transaction dates
3) I have a separate sheet tab listing my recurring bills with their due dates which I then manually enter into their respective paydate blocks based on due dates (in layman's terms: pay this bill with this check before the actual due date so that the bill isn't late...like the Price Is Right: closest without going over).

The main spreadsheet is a template comprised of repeating blocks (or sections). Each section is essentially a mini-form that captures my financial transactions within a block of time that spans two weeks since I get paid bi-monthly. So, at the top of each block is a date. Example: the very first block would have "June 7, 2019" manually entered in cell B2. Then the formula for the date in the next block would read =B2+14...and so on.

Each block builds off the data from the one above it...like a check register.

Here is what I am struggling with:

For years I have been entering the data manually (see points 2 and 3 above). What I would like to be able to do is this:

Regarding Point #2 :
Download a CSV copy of my bank statement from their website into a static sheet tab and then run a macro to insert the new line items into their respective paydate blocks based on transaction dates.
EXAMPLE: I get paid on June 7 and again on June 21. On June 15th I bought $40 in gasoline. Therefore, this transaction should appear in the June 7 paydate block.

Regarding Point #3 :
Automatically enter my recurring bills into their respective paydate blocks based on their due dates.
EXAMPLE: If my cell phone bill is due on the 1st of the month, find the paydate block PRIOR to the recurring bill's due date and enter the record into that paydate block.

I am thinking this can be accomplished through some sort of array function, but I have to admit, arrays are my kryptonite!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almerpogi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back