Autopopulate worksheets from filtered data in a Master worksheet

sepeg1229

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!
I'm working with regisrtration data for a conference and I want to be able to sort the data into individual worksheets based upon registrations choices.

Scenario - participants register for the various events by making selections. I can pull this data out of the registration tool (not my tool) as an excel spreadsheet. This is the MASTER worksheet. From this, I need to create event participant lists with name and email address, with each EVENT having it's own worksheet. The registration is open for another week and I will have new data to add to the MASTER worksheet ( we can't wait until registration closes to being processing the registrations = too many). Therefore, I need the method to update the EVENT worksheets, when the MASTER worksheet has new data added.

What I'm trying to do:
1) filter the master data by event registration and copy the results to a new worksheet (preferrably without having to filter, copy and paste for each EVENT worksheet)
2) have the EVENT worksheets update automatically when new data is added to the MASTER worksheet

Is this even possible? My excel skills have gotten rusty and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Regisration Data.PNG
    Regisration Data.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hello!
I'm working with regisrtration data for a conference and I want to be able to sort the data into individual worksheets based upon registrations choices.

Scenario - participants register for the various events by making selections. I can pull this data out of the registration tool (not my tool) as an excel spreadsheet. This is the MASTER worksheet. From this, I need to create event participant lists with name and email address, with each EVENT having it's own worksheet. The registration is open for another week and I will have new data to add to the MASTER worksheet ( we can't wait until registration closes to being processing the registrations = too many). Therefore, I need the method to update the EVENT worksheets, when the MASTER worksheet has new data added.

What I'm trying to do:
1) filter the master data by event registration and copy the results to a new worksheet (preferrably without having to filter, copy and paste for each EVENT worksheet)
2) have the EVENT worksheets update automatically when new data is added to the MASTER worksheet

Is this even possible? My excel skills have gotten rusty and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Fixed it with pivot table! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back