AutoRecover file corrupted

offload

My Excel crashed and restarted. In the document recovery pane, clicking the most recent version of the file (a .xlsb file) opens a dialog box that says this version contains some repairs and prompts me to let Excel recovered as much content as it can. However, clicking yes simply leads to a dialog box that says "The workbook cannot be opened or repaired by Excel because it is corrupt". Is there anyway to recover the corrupted AutoRecover file? The most recent Autosave file is over two hours ago so it doesn't contain a huge portion of edits. I am running Excel 2013.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
The XLSX file is a compressed zip folder. If you rename by adding ".zip" for the extension, then navigate the zip file for the tables. The XLSB I don't think is the zip style so go back to the last saved XLSX file.
Yes. A pain but the data should still be mostly there...

Upvote 0
My problem is the latest saved .xlsx file was saved almost two before the crash. What I want to recover is the data that I worked with in those two hours and the only file I have for that purpose is the recovered .xlsb file which is corrupted and can't be opened. So is there a way to somehow repair or recover the data from there?

Upvote 0
Do you have any backup files ??......did you do any saves in that 2 hours ??
I'm guessing if you answer NO to either / both of the above, you will have to redo those 2 hours of work !!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back