Autosave Shared XL 2007 Document

pantsmonkey

Board Regular
Hello Boffins.

My workplace uses a shared XL spreadsheet which is basically a huge calender of out outbound freight history. Dates along the top and stock numbers down the side.

Eg We send out stock 111 on the 21/03/09 and it comes back on the 28/03/09 those cells are highlight green when it goes out and the whole thing become yellow the day its returned.

It kinda gives us a visual look at our stock and is useful.

The pain in the butt problem is with 3 people working on this shared document occasionally one of the 3 with the shared document open (its open all day every day) will forget to save regularly or after an update and to the other users it's effectivly invisible until the save button is clicked.

I have gone into the save and autorecover options in XL and the option to autosave is grayed out?

Is this a limitation of a shared workbook or is there anyway I can force the thing to save on every machine it's open on every 60 - 90 seconds?

Cheers Boofins

Happy Friday!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
XL 2003 or 2007? I do not see this at all in 2007. In 2003 the minutes are greyed out until I check the box. Then its fine.

Also, if memory serves, I had problems with autorecover and a shared workbook with macros because it kept voiding off the digital signature.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back