Average Across multiple sheets

chacooke

Hey Everyone

I have an excel doc that has 20 sheets on it, all the same exact layout. On these two sheets, they are broken into two different "teams". I was wondering if anyone could help me out in taking the averages across these different sheets. Below is an example...

Sheets are labeled by the team names (i.e. Davis, Jones, Smith, Cooke, etc...)

I'm looking to create an summary tab in the front of the doc for the different group (Davis and Jones are one group and Smith and Cooke are another team).

on the summary sheet, I want to get the average of everyone's scores in group 1 in one cell and same for group 2

In a perfect world, I would love to have the summary information on an altogether different worksheet, but pretty sure that is going to be way above my abilities so I was going to start with getting the summaries. One of the problems that I run into is that not all of the teams work at the same pace so out of the 10 teams, maybe only 5 of them have an actual value in o90.

I have downloaded the threed add-in, but pretty much a dear in headlights trying to figure it out...any help would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
you can average across sheets if they are in the same layout. The easiest way is to create a sheet in the front "First", then create another sheet at the end "Last" Then add the formula on the sheet with the summaries:

Code:
=AVERAGE(First:Last!A1)

change A1 to where your cell data is

Upvote 0
texaslynn,
One of the problems that I run into is that not all of the teams work at the same pace so out of the 10 teams, maybe only 5 of them have an actual value in o90.

Does this work to solve this issue?

In other words if there are zeros, they would not be averaged?

Just curious? :confused:
Michael

Upvote 0
texaslynn,
One of the problems that I run into is that not all of the teams work at the same pace so out of the 10 teams, maybe only 5 of them have an actual value in o90.

Does this work to solve this issue?

In other words if there are zeros, they would not be averaged?

Just curious? :confused:
Michael

I don't believe it does - but you probably already knew that

Upvote 0
It actually did, it did not average in the zero's...I did a quick check to do a manual average and it didn't add in the blanks...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back