Average(IF between two date ranges (when some are blank)?

lrusso

Hi again Everyone,

I have a datasheet (that is not created by me, and I cannot change it) with a column of proposal dates and a column of start dates. I am creating a report from this sheet.

I have a great Array that was given to me here that works very well to average the number of days between the dates, if the cell is not blank.

=AVERAGE(IF('Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535>0,'Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535))

My problem is that now I've found out some of the date cells in the datasheet may be blank. This throws my averages completely off. Is there a way to manipulate my array so it ignores blank cells in either column C or S? Meaning, that if there are blank dates in either of those columns, that it will skip that cell in its calculation?

I really appreciate any help. Let me know if you need more clarification :)

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Re: Average(IF between two date ranges (when some are blank

Hi again Everyone,

I have a datasheet (that is not created by me, and I cannot change it) with a column of proposal dates and a column of start dates. I am creating a report from this sheet.

I have a great Array that was given to me here that works very well to average the number of days between the dates, if the cell is not blank.

=AVERAGE(IF('Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535>0,'Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535))

My problem is that now I've found out some of the date cells in the datasheet may be blank. This throws my averages completely off. Is there a way to manipulate my array so it ignores blank cells in either column C or S? Meaning, that if there are blank dates in either of those columns, that it will skip that cell in its calculation?

I really appreciate any help. Let me know if you need more clarification :)

Code:
=AVERAGE(
    IF(ISNUMBER('Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535),
      IF('Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535),
        IF('Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535>0,
            'Test Data'!$C$2:$C$65535-'Test Data'!$S$2:$S$65535))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back