Average percentage if name and month match

Moisesm86

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
1645381855226.png

Beginner to excel here. I am trying to see if there is a simple way to get an average percentage based on the person name and month. I am also would like to get the year to date average as well. I am populating the month and name of the individual from a drop down list. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
i cant see if the name reappears, more than once a month or at other mins
or how the dates are formatted - see below on posting xl2bb sample

and
averageifs() should help
you can then
use the dropdown

=averageifs(F3:F200, D2:D200, L2, date part
this is the bit i'm not sure if a Text input of a real data and it will make a difference on how answered

average of averages can be problem matic

so, can you
Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which is very time consuming.

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

XL2BB is an add-in used on this forum , see my signature or the menu in post to link to the full details
OR put the sample spreadsheet onto a share
I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.

Here is the link to XL2BB instructions

Upvote 0

and
averageifs() should help
you can then
use the dropdown

this is the bit i'm not sure if a Text input of a real data and it will make a difference on how answered

so, can you
Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which is very time consuming.

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

XL2BB is an add-in used on this forum , see my signature or the menu in post to link to the full details
I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.

Apologies for missed information. The names do appear more than once a month. The spreadsheet will run all year. The month is just formatted as txt and the day is not necessary for the equation. I essential want an average percentage based on the month and name of the individual. Im also looking to get a full year average percentage just based on the name. Please let me know if that help. Otherwise I will follow the instructions you provided to add a small sample.

Upvote 0

and
averageifs() should help
you can then
use the dropdown

so, can you

As far as the averages of averages I am aware its an issue. Our company however continues to use this format so I'm currently not fighting it even though it bother me to do so. lol

Upvote 0
In cell M4 try =AVERAGEIFS(F6:F9,B6:B9,K4,D6:D9,L4)
This worked perfectly!!!! I originally had something similar but I believe it was in a different order. You rock!!! thank you very much for the help.

Upvote 0
You should be OK , with dmj120 solution as the month is just text
Only issue would be if the year changes and you have the same month but 2 years , however then just add another criteria range with year included

to get YTD , then just remove the name criteria from the averageifs

Upvote 0
You should be OK , with dmj120 solution as the month is just text
Only issue would be if the year changes and you have the same month but 2 years , however then just add another criteria range with year included

to get YTD , then just remove the name criteria from the averageifs
Thx a lot for the help. Your advice for a small sample sheet was very helpful for future questions. I ended up using the same formula for YTD with month removed.

1645385964853.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back