BlackMagic

Hello I am trying to average a list of Pricing of a particular product and a specified date. I know how to get the dates but I without each cell referencing the product (just the top row) I can't figure out how to pull the averages.
Blue Shirt
Red Shirt
Grey Shirt
Black Shirt
Date
LCBR
LCBS
LCBT
LCBU
9/1/2014
9/8/2014
9/15/2014
9/22/2014

<tbody>
</tbody>
Taking this I want to average off of the Product code EX: LCBR and then the date range I'm seeking as well. This data goes back about 10 years I only put a portion of it here to give an example. Please help!:oops:

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Let's assume that A1:E6 contains the table, let G2 contain the start date, H2 contain the end date, and I2 contain the product code, such as LCBR. Then try the following formula, which needs to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER...

=AVERAGE(IF($A$3:$A$6>=G2,IF($A$3:$A$6<=H2,INDEX($B$3:$E$6,0,MATCH(I2,$B$2:$E$2,0)))))

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
According Domenic's setup, if you are using Excel 2007 or a more recent version you can also try

=AVERAGEIFS(INDEX($B$3:$E$6,0,MATCH(I2,$B$2:$E$2,0)),$A$3:$A$6,">="&G2,$A$3:$A$6,"<="&H2)

M.

Upvote 0
According Domenic's setup, if you are using Excel 2007 or a more recent version you can also try

=AVERAGEIFS(INDEX($B$3:$E$6,0,MATCH(I2,$B$2:$E$2,0)),$A$3:$A$6,">="&G2,$A$3:$A$6,"<="&H2)

M.
SCORE! That rocks!!! So basically we indexed the product code matching it with the exact location and then averaged it if it's in between those dates! Life saver my friend!

Upvote 0
SCORE! That rocks!!! So basically we indexed the product code matching it with the exact location and then averaged it if it's in between those dates! Life saver my friend!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad for helping.

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back