AVERAGEIFS not giving expected value

Pumperkin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to do an AVERAGEIFS formula but the provided answer is not correct. Current formula I have is
Code:
=AVERAGEIFS(D:D, B:B, ">="&A2, C:C, "<="&A2)

I have a long list of sequential dates in Column A, column B is the date a device was sent (or today if not sent), column C the date it was received, and column D is the difference between the two (so I can see how long it has been in stock).

I want to run a formula by date to see whether stock is on average getting older or younger.

My logic is, I want to average the differences, provided the device was received on or before X date, and sent on or after X date - this would give the average age of in stock items on that date (once a device has been sent, it is immediately not in stock).

The figure I am getting is about 7 days higher than it should be (I have taken today's date as an example, as everything currently in stock is easy enough to calculate).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and/or if there's a better way to do it?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
The answer to that lies in your data. The formula itself is set up correctly.

Upvote 0
Fixed it :) The problem was twofold. Firstly I hadn't copied down so not all devices were pulled across.

Secondly, and this is the big difference, I totally forgot network days... kinda explains why everything was older than it should be (weekends don't count in the first sheet, but completely forgot that this was needed on the second sheet).

3 days later and I'm sorted :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back