Averageifs on Duplicate Columns

dtb912

I have been searching around the boards without any luck. I am trying to find an average of a series of values based on column headers F4:EU4 where the rows names in A5:A37 are unique. I have tried =averageifs(index($F$5:$EU$37,,match("Mutual Fund Name",$A5:$A37)),$F$4:$EU$4,"Peer Group Percentile")

Where: Mutual Fund Name is the row name that varies (it is a cell in the actual formula), and Peer Group Percentile is the title of about 20 columns that I am trying to average.

When I use the formula above it just grabs the first value in the range and when I switch the range order it gives an error.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Welcome to Mr Excel forum

Try
=AVERAGEIFS(INDEX($F$5:$EU$37,MATCH("Mutual Fund Name",$A5:$A37,0),0),$F$4:$EU$4,"Peer Group Percentile")

Hope this helps

M.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rakeforms

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...