Averaging time over multiple cells and YTD

jaybird2569

I have a spreadsheet to track employee efficiency over 16 different tasks. I am currently using formulas to determine their overall efficiency for the month by multiplying their time spent on each task (variable) by the amount of time it takes to do each task (constant). One of the issues is I can't add straight across the column because I have the number of tasks, constant and actual time. I then add all of the actual times across the column and divide by the number of hours worked for that month.
The formulas are ridiculous and get even more complicated as the months go on because I'm also trying to keep YTD totals but I can't just average all of the averages. I'm looking for an easier way to calculate this either VBA to run through the sheet and adding the columns for each person or keep using formulas that I have to create every month that's starting to take several hours to write. I currently have a formula that is adding 16 "totals" for each month divided by the total hours worked to get the YTD efficiency. For November that will be 176 totals (16x11) divided by 11 total hour cells. There has to be a better way. Maybe I need to set up the spreadsheet differently. Oh, by the way, I am a noob. I will post a screenshot later today.
Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back