Avoiding copy/paste, selection to transfer data in VBA

ItalianPlatinum

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Looking for a way to transfer a set of data over to another sheet after i set a filter without copy, selecting or pasting.
  1. Sheet 1: filtered to not show blanks
    1. Want to transfer the data left showing
  2. Sheet 2: Where I want to transfer the data to
  3. Columns match up like this:
    1. Column A to Column A13 down
    2. Column I to Column B13 down
    3. Column J to Column C13 down
    4. so on and so on.....

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
So you want to transfer rows where both column I is not blank and column C = "INC"?

If so, try
VBA Code:
Sub TransferData_v3()
  Dim vCols As Variant, vRows As Variant
  Dim i As Long, k As Long

vCols = Array(1, 9, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)  '<- Columns of interest in specified order
  With Sheets("Periodic")
    With .Range("A1:K" & .Range("I" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
      If .Rows.Count > 2 Then
        vRows = Application.Index(.Cells, Evaluate("row(1:" & .Rows.Count & ")"), Array(9, 3))
        For i = 3 To UBound(vRows)
          If Len(vRows(i, 1)) > 0 And UCase(vRows(i, 2)) = "INC" Then
            k = k + 1
            vRows(k, 1) = i
          End If
        Next i
      Sheets("Compare").Range("A13").Resize(k, UBound(vCols) + 1).Value = Application.Index(.Cells.Value, Application.Index(vRows, 0, 1), vCols)
      Else
        MsgBox "No data to transfer"
      End If
    End With
  End With
End Sub
I am not sure if this question warrants a new thread or I can use this one. The above code i have been using for 2 years. I would like to use it for my other data set it just has a few minor differences (criteria) than the above like column Q = "Yes" and Column P = "true" as criteria to transfer over. Would someone mind helping me explain the above? This way I can amend for future needs. any help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Would someone mind helping me explain the above?
This is the best I can do

VBA Code:
Sub TransferData_v3()
  Dim vCols As Variant, vRows As Variant
  Dim i As Long, k As Long

'Columns of interest in specified order
  vCols = Array(1, 9, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

With Sheets("Periodic")
    With .Range("A1:K" & .Range("I" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
      'Data does not start until row 3 so check that there is at least 3 rows
      If .Rows.Count > 2 Then
        'Read the relevant data into an array
        'The Evaluate makes a sequence of row numbers from 1 up to the last row in col I that has data
        'Array(9, 3) grabs the values from each row from col 9 (I) and then col 3 (C)
        vRows = Application.Index(.Cells, Evaluate("row(1:" & .Rows.Count & ")"), Array(9, 3))
        'Skip the 2 header rows and start at row 3
          'If the first value in that row of vRows (originally Col I) > 0
          'and the second value in that row of vRows (originally Col C) is "INC" then
          If Len(vRows(i, 1)) > 0 And UCase(vRows(i, 2)) = "INC" Then
            'Increase counter by 1 and record the row number (re-using the vRows array)
            k = k + 1
            vRows(k, 1) = i
          End If
        Next i
      'Use the row numbers recorded in vRows to grab the values from the relevant columns and in the correct order
      'as defined in vCols near the start of this code
      Sheets("Compare").Range("A13").Resize(k, UBound(vCols) + 1).Value = Application.Index(.Cells.Value, Application.Index(vRows, 0, 1), vCols)
      Else
      End If
    End With
  End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks Pete. I am going to do some effort on this to see if I can use your helpful notes to try to modify this myself. If I have issues would it be ok if i reach back out?

I posted another thread as i felt like it needed a new post. but wanted a way to paste the destination to a new open row. i am not sure if that is an easy modification?

VBA Code:
      'premise destination is empty - new scenario is not the case

Upvote 0
Ok I gave it a try but am stuck i tried a lot of different variations - this i think is the closet but i get an error at this code:

only two coniditons it should be easy col P = TRUE and col Q = YES. so array changes from (9,3) to (16,17) then the UCASE changes from a condition of LEN to what i have right?

VBA Code:
                If UCase(vRows(i, 1)) = "TRUE" And UCase(vRows(i, 2)) = "YES" Then
1671555392259.png

VBA Code:
'transfer PD data over to Compare tab
  vCols = Array(1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11) '<- Columns of interest in specified order
  With WsSP
    With .Range("A1:K" & .Range("H" & rows.count).End(xlUp).row)
        If .rows.count > 2 Then
            'The Evaluate makes a sequence of row numbers from 1 up to the last row in col I that has data
            vRows = Application.Index(.Cells, Evaluate("row(1:" & .rows.count & ")"), Array(16, 17))
                    k = k + 1
                    vRows(k, 1) = i

Attachments

• 1671555257639.png
    1671555257639.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got it further but now stuck here :mad:

VBA Code:
WsDIST.Range("A2").Resize(k, UBound(vCols) + 1).Value = Application.Index(.Cells.Value, Application.Index(vRows, 0, 1), vCols)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Peter - I repurposed the VBA per your helpful notes. I have 2 conditions to meet column Q = Yes and Column P = True. below is the modifications but when doing so I get application defined or object-defined error at
VBA Code:
      WsDIST.Range("A2").Resize(k, UBound(vCols) + 1).Value = Application.Index(.Cells.Value, Application.Index(vRows, 0, 1), vCols)

Ill wait on post #44 for now

VBA Code:
'transfer PD data over to Compare tab
  vCols = Array(1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11) '<- Columns of interest in specified order
  With WsSP1
    With .Range("A1:Q" & .Range("H" & rows.count).End(xlUp).row)
        If .rows.count > 2 Then
            vRows = Application.Index(.Cells, Evaluate("row(1:" & .rows.count & ")"), Array(16, 17))
                    k = k + 1
                    vRows(k, 1) = i
        End If
      Next i
      'Use the row numbers recorded in vRows to grab the values from the relevant columns and in the correct order
      'as defined in vCols near the start of this code
      Else
      End If
    End With
  End With

Upvote 0
A text True here is the snip of the code if it matters

VBA Code:
'Fomulas for Review (PD File)
With WsSP1
lr = .Cells(rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row
    .Range("P3:P" & lr).Formula = "=OR(I3<>"""",K3<>"""")"
    .Range("Q3:Q" & lr).Formula = "=IF(B3=TEXT(TODAY(),""YYYYMMDD"")+0,""YES"",""No"")"
    .Range("I3:Q" & lr).Value = .Range("I3:Q" & lr).Value
    .Range("I2:Q2") = Array("Acc", "Cl", "Exposure", "Tick", "Date", "Type", "Rt", "D or F", "Current Day Date")
    .Columns("A:Q").EntireColumn.AutoFit
End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back