Back Button Link

bruntonomo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My question has two parts to it, but I would be happy if I could just get the first part answered. The second part is mostly aesthetics.

1) Is it possible to create a link that will jump back to a previous point in an Excel document? I have a rather large document that I'm creating, and I'm creating reference links to other parts of the document. It would be a huge pain for the user to click the link, jump way down the page, and then have no way of jumping right back to where they were. Is there a way to make a link that 'understands' where you came from and allows you to jump right back?

2) Is there any way to create a floating back button that appears in the bottom right corner once an anchor link is clicked, and then disappears after the user clicks the hover button?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
1) I guess it is - Worksheet_FollowHyperlink Event can be used to determine which link was clicked and make the necessary arrangements/changes at the destination point to allow going back to this cell.

2) I would do this with a small userform (as big as the button on it). Also it should not be modal. Then again Worksheet_FollowHyperlink Event can be used to show the form.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the response!

I will have to look at how these events work. I really don't know much of anything about VBA. It gives me hope that I can configure something like this though.

Do you have any suggestions for tutorials that I can follow to learn this?

Upvote 0
I personally started with a "Step by step" book for Access, but this was some long time ago :)
Then filling in the blanks searching through the web. I am not e real developer or programmer - just an enthusiast with not enough spare time recently.
Good luck.
Do not hesitate to use this board to get help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back