background pictures

gnbecky1

Hi everyone, hopefully some help on this one. I have produced a spreadsheet for me at work and have place a background image on there. The problem is when i put the background picture on it looks fine but when i open it back up it doesnt fit the full page, the next part of the background is along the edges. I have tried changing the size of the picture and setting it again but this still doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all
Graeme
:pray:

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
G'day Graeme, I dont know. This is just a picture youve embedded by selecting Insert|Picture|From File? Once you have a picture in place it should stay put unless you move it.

Are you wanting to put the picture as a background? if so you can select Format|Sheet|background and this will tile a picture. be warned though, if you do this then the picture needs to be opaque (like a watermark effect) or else its hard to read anything you may have in your cells.

hth

Upvote 0
parry,

I didnt import the picture from file i was trying to put it in as a background. When i do it i go to format sheet insert background and the picture goes in fine, however when i close the file and open it back up it doesnt cover the full page im looking at, it shows it in tile which is what i dont want. All i want is for the picture to be in the background and cover the whole page. If i change my margins would this fix the problem you think.

graeme

Upvote 0
To my knowledge you have little control over the background Graeme. It just tiles whatever picture you used. If you want to use the background you will need to resize the picture to fit in with the window as best you can which is trial and error Im afraid.

On my resolution of 1024x768 a picture of 950x560 pixels is pretty close or roughly 93% width / 73% height or your Windows resolution. I find a picture with opacity of 15-20% (the washed out watermark effect) is reasonably good in a balance between still being able to see both the picture and data in cells reasonably well.

To do this you really need a stand alone image program like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop but there are free/cheap image programs available on the net if you look hard enough.

EDIT. Another thing I thought of is to change the zoom (View|Zoom) which changes the magnification of the cells area (it leaves your toolbar etc alone)so changing this could enable you to fit the picture in better but you may still need to resize the pciture itself.

hth

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back