Bar chart - Remove space between bars (data input from >2 lines/cells)

Luckkie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Web
Hi there! I'm looking for a way to remove space between bars that are generated from more than two different cells. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Firstly, I'll give some more information.

I've got data from 2022, with percentages related to different values. The different values could be <10, >10, >100, >1000 and >10000. I'm displaying these values in gray.

Then, I've got 2023, which (till now) only provides data from the following values: <10, >10 and >1000. I want to display <10 in green, >10 in orange and >1000 in red. Therefore, I made different lines. However, I can't figure out how to remove the space between the lines. Ideally, there's should be no space between the bars from 2023 and 2022.

(Some other reasoning for this case is that I want to show what the different bars are 'in the graph', (to show which color is which parameter), therefore I have to use the method described above).

Kind regards!

Alright thanks for that.

I did that because in the second graph (2nd picture) it looks like the 2023 data is green only, while it contains the orange and red bar as well.

well, by making the 3 2023 values separate columns you are creating more blank spaces among the columns.
What information do you want to convey to the viewer? Could another chart type, or even a different way to look at the bar chat be more helpful?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Adding extra data series just makes the blanks between columns larger. How about thinking a little differently. Maybe something like this:
It isn't perfect as the 6% of the <10 values is not visible. But that may not happen in your circumstance, I just made the numbers up.
1682179439695.png

Upvote 0
Here is the same chart without the year in the label:
1682179758553.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back