Barcodes into Excel?

LionelHutz

Hi,

There are many Android apps out there that track your comics/books/manga you have read. However I never quite found one that worked how I wanted it to or that tracked all 3 types of literature well. Therefore I built my own database in excel. So far it works pretty well for what I want but entering the data (for example, comic title, author, year, number of pages etc). very manual. One of the best features of the android apps is you can scan the comic barcode and have it instantly added to the app.

I am wondering is this possible with excel? All of my comics and manga are digital so I am wondering if there is a windows program that can "scan/take a picture" of the barcode and then input the data into excel?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Barcodes are just another type of font. Most of the fonts are made for people to read but barcodes are made for machines. There are different kind of barcodes and if you want your text to be used in a barcode you need to know the algorithms that the barcode type you're chosen uses to make your barcode readable. The output is always the same but the input can change dramatically when you go from one barcode type to another.

You should be able to solve your problem with a barcode scanner but you might want to have either two monitors because you have to have your database activated when you read the barcode (=at least two windows).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back