Bass Tournament Standings

rtdrumz

I have 17 boats that have 3 rows each. (Points, Number of fish, and total weight. per tournament) Each of the boats compete in 12 events. (12 Columns) giving each boat a TOTAL number of points, number of fish, and total weight that changes after each tournament. (Column T) How can I sort the boats in order 1st place (most points/weight) to last place (least points/weight) and keep each of the boats rows (Points, number of fish, and total weight per tournament) together.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
You'd be better off having 36 columns with the stats for each race in each of the three columns. You could then easily sort by the total.

To do it the way you have set up will require quite a bit of programming

Upvote 0
I would probably create two columns for this. In column A, I would give each group (3 boats/rows) a unique number or letter. In column G, I would create a formula that gives the MAXimum amount of the data that you want to sort - MAX of the 3 rows.

That way, if you sort by MAX columns and the unique number/letter ... that should keep your data together. Its all held together by sticky tape ... but it may just help :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back