Bell curves for housing prices

Excelfan19355

Hello Excel users!

In short, I'm trying to create a bell curve to show low-end and high-end housing prices that I can afford based on a budget and the curve can adjust according to income.

Before I go into detail, may I say that I'm brand new to this site and this is my first question to post. If you choose to lend a hand, I'd appreciate as much detail as possible--especially since I've never done this kind of graphing before (I don't know about statistics, standard deviations, etc.). I've read forum boards for years on a variety of topics and unfortunately, they don't always provide the detail that I wish they would....

Anyway, let's say that I know I can afford a $300,000 home and that $300,000 is located in cell C12. I'd like the bell curve to reference cell C12 and put that figure in the middle (or at the top of the bell) with a vertical line straight down to the x axis and then increments of $25,000 to the left of the bell down to $200,000 and to the right of the bell up to $400,000. I'd like to have a heavy solid black line to represent the center vertical line and dark gray dotted lines to represent the increments to the left and right. I'd also like to be able to shade in those increments from the left to the right in increasing color density from a very light red at the $200,000 - $225,000 increment to a dark maroon at the $375,000 - $400,000 increment. I don't need a y axis as the only thing I need to show is the increments from $200,000 to $400,000. Oh, the $200,000 is located in cell C11 and the $400,000 is in cell C13.

So I hope that I was clear enough. Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks so much!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back