Best Approach for Storing Large Amount of Information in Simulation Using Class Objects

rkaczano

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a custom class (clsObject). I have also created a custom collection class for that object (clsObjects).

I expect to create up to 500 instances of clsObject. They will added to the Collection clsObjects. I then want to store the value or one or more of the properties for each instance of clsObject as it changes in a time based simulation outside of the class module in a standard module. For one of the properties, I expect 10,000 values per instance per time period and there could be up to 25 periods. And as noted, I may be doing this for multiple variables and multiple instances of that custom object.

For Example for 1 Property Data Point:
500 instances * 10,000 data changes = 5.000,000 data points per time period, and
500 instances * 10,000 data changes * 25 period = 125,000,000 data points over entire simulation.

Questions:

1) Where is the best place to store this data:
a) as an array of values in a new property of clsObject,
b) an array of values in in clsObjects, or
c) or transferring all the data as it is created in clsObject to a Public collection or Public dictionary in loop in the simulation sub routine.

Note I may need to access some of this data during each time period and potentially in subsequent time periods during the simulation.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back