Best option to have users from multiple separate Excel files upload their completed rows to a Final workbook

mssbass

Platform
  1. Windows
I have tried sharing an Excel file but there are too many errors. I'd like to have the users upload their data on their individual workbooks to a final workbook. Once they finish entering data on a row (record), is it possible for them to click a button and upload that record to the final file (on the next row)? Each record has a primary key field. If they make a mistake and wish to overwrite that prior upload, is that possible? Once the button is clicked and the record has been uploaded successfully, I'd like the row to show uploaded (possibly a field marked yes at the end of the row). suggestions???

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Basically each user will be performing a COPY / PASTE method from their workbook to the Main Workbook.

Main restriction is only one person at a time can access the Main Workbook.

There are plenty of examples on the internet and this / other Forums demonstrating how to do what you are seeking.

Search for ; COPY PASTE between workbooks; pasting to first empty row; checking for duplicate rows; edit existing row data.

Upvote 0
So when they click the button to upload and someone else is uploading (copy/pasting) at that time, will they receive a lock-out error or will it just wait...

Upvote 0
They will receive a notice the Main Workbook is in use / not accessible.

I've seen macros that can be customized advising the individual the workbook is in use. They will simply have to wait and try late.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back