Best way to create dashboard

sitewolf

I know I can create dashboards using Excel, and can also using Google Sheets...and maybe someone can tell me of other places like Google Data Studio.
What I'd like to be able to do is incorporate sales data by date and category but also other financial data (whether one dashboard or two) that I can export out of my accounting system and paste the data into the spread/whatever, and make the dashboard available online as users are not in the same location. I know there are paid programs to do some/all of this, but free is the only justifiable price at the moment.

What recommendations do people have for the best way to do this? I'm more familiar with Excel, but would prefer not to be emailing a file, would rather I could make display online in a secure location.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I use pivot tables.

Attachments

• Dashboard.png
    Dashboard.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0
I appreciate the response, but my question was less about how to create one and more about the best way to do it in a way I can most easily share it online while also being able to update the data along the way.

Upvote 0
That wasn't clear in your initial post.

You can do your dashboard in Excel, host the file on OneDrive, and send links to anyone you want to see the workbook.

You could do the same with Google Sheets, but in my experience the capabilities there for analysis and visualization fall short of Excel's.

You could also use Power BI, but in my limited experience there, it seems to be a long learning curve.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back