Bet Generator for Golf Course

Vighper

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
At our golf course, I have a spreadsheet that takes two people and matches them against two other people. It will calculate their net scores on a hole (if one person's handicap is 2, then the two hardest holes, it will take the gross score and convert it to a net score) and then the bet is called and it lets me know what team won over 18 holes.

What I want to do is a version called "two down automatics" where if Player A wins the first hole, he is one up, if he wins the next hole, he is 2 up and then the "press" (a press is a new bet starting because the person lost two holes before winning a hole) starts and he becomes 2 & 0; if Player A wins the next hole, he is now up 3 & 1. However, if Player A loses the third hole, the match is now (Player A 1/-1).

It is hard to figure out the formula in the event that the bet goes back and forth because each time you reach "2" in a bet, it adds a new bet to track. So if Player A wins the first five holes, and loses holes 6 through 9, he will be:
Hole 1: 1up
Hole 2: 2&0
Hole 3: 3&1
Hole 4: 4/2/0
Hole 5: 5/3/1
Hole 6: 4/2/0
Hole 7: 3/1/-1
Hole 8: 2/0/-2/0
Hole 9: 1/-1/-3/-1 and player B wins two plays (the 1 and -1 cancel each other out).

It would be the same process for the back nine holes too.

Would this be too difficult of a formula to set up? When I've looked at it, I have tried to use nine separate formulas to look at the previous bet and determine how to score the next one based on the contents of the two cells (Player A and Player B).

Thanks,
mike

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back