Better tool for drawing forms in Excel instead of Excel vba

Kurt

Hello All,

What do others on this board use to draw forms in Excel VBA? I am finding it is very hard to precision pinpoint spacing. It just seems that Excel doesn't give you much flexibility with drawing.

Any ides and suggestions will greatly help.

Also what other programs are good for Excel VBA icons on forms? Has anyone found some good freebie stuff out there?

Thanks,

Kurt

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I have found the opposite to be true about drawing in Excel though the drawing/graphics object model is a bit oblique IMO. What are you referring to when you say "forms". There might be a lot of disparity on what exactly a form is or is a form of what.

Upvote 0
Hello Tom,

I am talking about pinpointing moving text boxes around more easily and lining them up better on a UserForm in Excel.

Thanks,

Kurt

Upvote 0
Kurt,

Just use the properties settings on the bottom left of the VBA screen.

Select the particular object you want to move and alter the Left / Top settings so that the objects line up. Alternatively you can select multiple objects, right click and then use the 'Align' options.

HTH

Stuart

Upvote 0
Hi Kurt. I see what you mean. Are you familiar with the Format functions available by way of the "Format" menu? This might seem like a superfluous question but the reason I am asking it that I frankly did not notice it or use it for some time into my VB stint. Now I find it invaluable and control placement to be quick and easy because of it. If you need help with it, just post as I have not seen much written about it and how to use it.

Upvote 0
Hello shudder and Tom,

Thanks and no I didn't use those, so I will try and redraw the form with them.

Many thanks,

Kurt

Upvote 0
That's good news! You will find it a HUGE help with control placement. Take a little time to learn how to use it and you'll be glad. I promise...

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware of the Format Functions myself, that will save me some time counting the dots when trying to centre buttons.

Thanks Tom.

Upvote 0
Counting the dots!!! :biggrin: I have had those Advil moments. I don't create forms much as it just isn't in my genes to make anything look good, but I have gotten past the dot counting stage. In my experience in programming, I have learned to spend quality time getting to know the tools that are available in the various development GUI's and also the various type libraries. It does indeed save a great deal of time in the long run and headaches as well...

Upvote 0
Again many thanks Tom!

I like that Advil counting the dots moment!! lol

Many thanks for your insight!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back