Between to dates

mamfa

i am in the middle of creating a database that hold records about what equipment is held at our business. each record is entered with a purchased date. i would like users to be able to search for a piece of equipment by entering a starting purchase date and an end purchase date so that they can find the item if they don't know exactly when it was bought.

i normal right my queries in the design view of the query so if it takes more than this will you explain because i am an access simpleton :)

thanks
samantha

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi Samantha

In your normal query design screen, under the date field use criteria either like this :

Between #09/09/2006# And #10/10/2006#

or like this :

>=[Enter First Date] And <=[Enter Last Date]

But beware with the second method that your users must enter the dates in the correct format.

HTH, Andrew

Upvote 0
thanks, i need a message box to pop up and ask them to enter the start date and end date, do i just add it with an OR after the first bit?

Upvote 0
Hi

Try my 2nd suggestion :
>=[Enter First Date] And <=[Enter Last Date]

This method gives the pop-up boxes.

Cheers, Andrew

Upvote 0
i am having trouble with this still, the second way does produces parameter boxers however it seems just to produce any dates with the dates in them anywhere??

the column i am working from has a date input mask on it _ _/_ _/_ _ could this effect it? is there a better way of trying to get the results i want

sorry to be slow!!

Samantha

Upvote 0
Hi Samantha
I don't understand the issue. This method provides pop up boxes but the user has to enter the dates. Is it not working or did you want the pop up boxes pre-populated with values? Or something else? I'm not following you at this point.....
Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back