Beverage Template, form

mkyb14

Board Regular
To who ever can help me on this, thank you!

With that said, here is the problem I'm having. I have a beverage sheet for ordering at work. It has the name of the items and then I have to go in and fill out the pages at the bottom. Eventually printing out 6 pages when really I was hoping to consolidate it from a validation list, or pick from list. So that the items I'm ordering are the only ones printed or shown.

I've tried validation etc, but what I'm looking for is that were the names are currently be blank and each line lets me chose from a drop down list. Accordingly though I wanted to have the rest of the row fill in with the appropriate information for that alcohol... being the size and price.

I've tried moving the items off the list to the right in an area that's out side of the printable area, but to no avail.

Is this possible? I'm trying to save us on some paper, and only print one page. At work we only have office 2000, but at my home I have 2003, 2007.

http://www.wonderliver.com/dl/Bev_template.xls

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Another way to do this would be to look at putting a summary sheet together based on a macro that filters each sheet on Order Qty and then copies the filtered rows to the summary sheet. That way the summary will only contain items that have been ordered and you only need to sign off the summary sheet.

Upvote 0
I think I solved your problem, but I am not able to post the sheet. solution involves vlookups and named ranges, along with data validation from dropdown list.
Sent you a pm with further information. Larry.

Upvote 0
Would just like to know if any of the suggestions sent in the pm worked or not

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes they did, but I'm still following up with Indiantrix through email. It's too bad the forum doesn't have a way to send attachments. It would be beneficial to others to be able to download the documents.

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Thanks, glad things are working out its just nice to know if the help offered works or not.

Hope you end up with a working template doing what you need

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back