Luigi802

Board Regular
How can I calculate the last pay day in a given month based on a bi-weekly pay period, for example July 1st was the 1st pay day of this month, how could I automatically calculate what the last pay day would be?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
By weekly means every 14 days. There are 52 weeks in a year. 7 days in a week. So the last pay date before it starts all over again is =(first pay date) + (52 * 7)

Upvote 0
I totally dont get this 2 week pay thingy, but it sounds like you need =lastpayday+14 or =lastpayday-14 :S

Upvote 0
Not exactly, if the 1st payday of this month is July 1st then the last payday of this month would be July 29th, if it were a bi-weekly (14 day pay period) How could I make it automatically calculate that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uhm, maybe =lastpayday+28 ? :)

Upvote 0
uhm, maybe =lastpayday+28 ? :)

I mean yes, but that won't reciprocate very well every month because it is just adding 28 days, not every month has the same amount of days. I think it'd have to be something like this
=DATE(2016,1,1)+CEILING((EOMONTH(B2,-1)+1)-DATE(2016,1,1)+1,30) Where as "DATE(2016,1,1)" was the 1st payday of this year and "B2" is july 1st or the 1st payday of this month. This works well for this month but again, it won't reciprocate on to the following months.

Upvote 0
So you get payed on the first day of the month and 14+14 later?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back