Black Pointer When Hovering Over Total Row in Pivot Table is Gone

MLSNetworks

Hello - The black pointer that used to show up when I would hover the mouse over the Total row in a pivot table is gone. I would use this approach to format all the total rows at once with a specific color. I've searched different threads on this forum and found someone that said to do PIVOT TABLE TOOLS // OPTIONS // SELECT // ENABLE SELECTION and the black pointer would come back. However, I do not find a PIVOT TABLE TOOLS anywhere on the toolbar. Does anyone know how I can bring this black pointer back? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Which version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
Hello - The black pointer that used to show up when I would hover the mouse over the Total row in a pivot table is gone. I would use this approach to format all the total rows at once with a specific color. I've searched different threads on this forum and found someone that said to do PIVOT TABLE TOOLS // OPTIONS // SELECT // ENABLE SELECTION and the black pointer would come back. However, I do not find a PIVOT TABLE TOOLS anywhere on the toolbar. Does anyone know how I can bring this black pointer back? Thank you!
Which version of Excel are you using?
Thank you for your response, RoryA. I'm using Office 365, Version 2204. However, I actually just now figured this out. Once I clicked inside the Pivot Table I went to the PivotTable Analyze tab > Actions group > Select > Enable Selection. Then the black pointer came back. See the image I uploaded. This was very frustrating as I don't know how it became unenabled but hopefully, this will help others that encounter a similar situation.

Attachments

• Black Pointer.png
    Black Pointer.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back