blank cell / pivot table cell filled

gimage

Hello:
I have a pivot table associated with a inventory spreadsheet. In the pivot table, there are entries for tracking numbers when something ships. Many of the cells do not have tracking numbers yet in the pivot table, I see the same number in what should be a blank cell. How to I correct this? When I have something (or blank by pressing the space bar) in the tracking number cell, it shows up correctly.

Thanks,
Greg

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi,
What you are describing doesn't make any sense at all - pivot tables just shouldn't do this.

Make sure of the basics:
1) Is the pivot-table refreshed?
2) Check under pivot table options to make sure that "For blanks Show: " doesn't have something wierd to show for blanks
3) Is the workbook on manual calculation? (I don't think this matters really)
Use the pivottable wizard button to "back" up to the pivot data source and make sure it is connected to the right source data!
4) Make sure that the field you are using in the pivot table is the right field!

Maybe you'd want to just kill this pivot table and start with a new one - or even copy the other sheets into a new workbook and build a new PivotTable there.

Hope this helps and you get this one figured out. If you have more problems post more detail - what's in the pivot table and what's the source data table like.
AB

Upvote 0
Gimage

Just a quick point.

So far as I know you would NEVER want to clear a cell in Excel (or probably any other computer spreadsheet) with a spacebar. This can really foul up a spreadsheet. The computer sees the spacebar as text - same as the letter "A" or the work "Gimage". Using the spacebar if it is within cells relating to a formula can give you some very frustrating results that can be difficult to find.

Use the delete key to clear cells, or the menu at Edit->Clear->Contents to clear your cells.

Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back